Transform the interior of your home with a few coats of paint!.
At Jonathan Painting, we understand that selecting the right painting company can be challenging. To assist you, we have prepared the following outline of the step-by-step process we follow each and every time we paint. It is our attention to detail and proessifonalism that will ensure that your job is completed to your satisfaction without the hassles commonly experienced when dealing with an ordinary painting contractor.
- Once you have selected your colors, we will gladly offer input with regard to the finish and type of paint that should be used. Samples can be applied if requested, allowing you a chance to experience the color before the work begins.
- Our Crew Chief will confirm with you what you want done with nails and nail holes. If you are going to re-hang a picture, you may not want us to fill the hole.
- We will move all furniture into the center of the room. All of the furniture will be covered with plastic sheeting and all flooring will be covered with canvas drop cloths.
- We will remove all electrical face plates.
- We will hand-scrape and sand the areas to be painted.
- We will caulk and putty holes, cracks and voids, using only premium-grade materials.
- We will make any minor carpentry repairs like nailing in loose moldings at no additional cost.
- We will evaluate any areas that may require something other than minor repairs and consult with you. As a service to you, we can arrange to have these repairs made. Typically this is handled at a “time and materials” rate or a firm price as agreed upon by you.
- We will spot-prime all repaired areas to help ensure a uniform finish. If repair work is extensive, a full coat of primer/sealer may be applied.
- If a color change is being made, we will apply the first coat of premium Benjamin Moore.
- We will again spot prime any repaired surfaces.
- We will then apply the finish coat of premium Benjamin Moore paint.
- We recommend that any doors that have been painted should be left open or ajar for approximately four (4) hours to dry.
- We will apply the finish coat to all trim work.
- We will complete our own final inspection and make any necessary final touch-ups.
- We will remove all tools and equipment including drop cloths and plastic sheeting. We will complete the clean-up by sweeping, moping and vacuuming.
- A final walk through will be conducted with you to ensure your total satisfaction.